Apache Maven is a software project management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model (POM), Maven can manage a project’s build, reporting and documentation from a central piece of information.
Maven is distributed in several formats for your convenience. Simply pick a ready-made binary distribution archive and follow the installation instructions.
- Download a Binary zip archive of Maven and unzip it from https://maven.apache.org/download.cgi
- Create an M2_HOME System Variable
- Add %M2_HOME%\bin; to your PATH variable
- Open a command window cmd. Check: mvn -v
- Make sure you have .m2/repository (erase all the folders and files below)
- If you are going to use Eclipse, You will need to create the settings.xml. See below for more info on how to create it.
- If you have a proxy, you will need to configure it http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-proxies.html