FindBugs™ – Find Bugs in Java Programs
This is the web page for FindBugs, a program which uses static analysis to look for bugs in Java code.
PMD is a source code analyzer. It finds unused variables, empty catch blocks, unnecessary object creation, and so forth.
PMD scans Java source code and looks for potential problems like:
- Possible bugs – empty try/catch/finally/switch statements
- Dead code – unused local variables, parameters and private methods
- Suboptimal code – wasteful String/StringBuffer usage
- Overcomplicated expressions – unnecessary if statements, for loops that could be while loops
- Duplicate code – copied/pasted code means copied/pasted bugs